SUITABILITY: Group, Individuals, Whole Class
This is a very versatile learning activities that students of all ages LOVE. There is no limit to how you could use this fantastic tool that is FREE and easy to implement in most classrooms. Students are able to create every element of a newspaper article and simple press 'generate' and within seconds your writing is turned into a DOWNLOADABLE file that is a brilliant professional newspaper article. Have a look at this example I have shared below.
You can set (1) Name of the newspaper (2) the date (3) contents for the article. This provides enormous opportunities to create for many different purposes.
* Perhaps you are running a theme about 'Gold Rush' and this could be a task where students have to create and print articles from this time;
* Using a well known nursery rhyme, students have to become a reporter and create a news article from a characters perspective or as an observer;
* Maybe you are exploring 'interviews' and students have to record it in a report form;
* Create a report on an issue important to the student individually;
* Create an article on themselves, their family or a person they look up to;
* Perhaps you are exploring an environmental issue as a whole class and students create a report based on how they would solve one of the issue/s;
* Reading an article that obviously has 2 sides but only 1 side is clearly missing from the article that you are reading. Students are to create the other point of view in a separate newspaper article;
* This software could be used by the class to create a 'weekly summary' that is read out loud to the whole class as a reflective tool;
* If you want to be humorous, the teacher could use this tool and report an article about the class or reflecting upon the week / month / term / year and use it to build rapport with their class;
There are lots and lots of options and opportunities to use this tool in the classroom for all age groups and abilities. I can see that this tool would be invaluable for students with learning difficulties as teachers could help them record into a report and print up to build their confidence and self esteem with their learning.
Keep this link in your 'MY WEBSITES' area in your dashboard.